- Thank you so much for an enjoyable and informative 2 weeks. I have learned so much and I am able to implement these skills into being extremely creative. Your kindness and hospitality have been special and will be missed. Your professionalism is quite amazing, so this is another area which has taught me so much in this short time. – E BurskyE BurskyMaster Class
- Dear Karl & Brigitte, Thank you both so much for a very fullfilling 9 days at your Art Gilding Academy. I found the Master Class to be very interesting and have many ideas I would like to experiment with. I have proudly displayed all of my projects that I have created, each piece is so unique and memories that go along with it. Thank you also for your hospitality, coffee, wine and lunch yesterday was very special. See you again when I’m in Sydney.Monika SFebruary 2016
- Hello Brigitte, I would like to thank you and Karl for the fascinating time I had doing your Master Gilding Course.The expertise and professionalism of Karl and yourself showed through on day one. Karl’s attention to detail came across time and time again I especially loved his sense of humor.You have instilled great confidence in me to tackle any project I choose knowing if I have any problems you are just a phone call away. Again many thanks and kind regards Peter Polas from MelbournePeter PolasMaster Class
- Hi Brigitte and Karl. On behalf of Grahame and I, I would like to say a big THANK YOU for giving us a very enjoyable weekend. The class was great and the company was just right to make it a perfect experience. Nick and George were good class mates. Karl, Thanks for your patience and for passing on your knowledge to us, I just hope to be able to continue with the gilding at home and follow all the instructions. I hope we did not give you too much of a hard time but it was all in fun and made for a lively time. Brigitte, Thanks for your hospitality with the amazing white, gold laced, wine and the decadent Tim Tams. A lovely touch. Kindest regards.Lesley and GrahameCanberra
- It has been a most informative and enjoyable weekend. I can only be impressed with the knowledge and skill Karl is able to pass on to the group. Thank youM Burton
- Dear Brigitte and Karl, Thank you for the opportunity to come and work with you on the Royal Pines Resort project. It has been a great pleasure to spend the last couple of weeks with you in Brisbane. I feel that I have learnt a lot and gained some invaluable gilding experience. The time was filled with fun and it was a great gilding experience for us newcomers. I would certainly welcome any opportunity to work with you again. We had a few laughs…quite a few laughs! (that’s the understatement of the day…) To spend the time with the two of you, and Peter, was fun, easy and uncomplicated. I feel we have a formed a great friendship that I trust and hope will be long and lasting. The A-team was born… Brigitte, you’re a beautiful lady, thank you for looking after us so well and spoiling us, and Karl you’re a top shelf, A1 kinda’ guy. I hope for you both to have a fantastic and beautiful Christmas with friends and loved ones.Per EricsonMasterclass Student
- I'm loving it so much, finally after so many years of painting I am creating something artistic - beautiful. .. I'm very excited and hope there are more jobs like this waiting for me 😉Krissie KalteisMasterclass Student
- Thanks so much for your patience and hospitality in imparting your fast and diverse knowledge. I will now be able to gild with much more confidence and artistry. This course has been invaluable and I cannot wait to use what I’ve learnedPeter S
- To members of the FDAA, Attending the Master Gilding Class at Art Gilding Academy was an invaluable extension of my existing decorative skills. The course was well structured, as well as relaxed and enjoyable. Karl Eggert, a German Master Gilder with more than 45 years experience, guided the class through each stage of various gilding techniques on a selection of surfaces. The course provided both an intensive hands on experience, as well as an understanding of the history of this decorative art form and the products used, to achieve a professional finish using gold and silver leaf. What a change of pace, we spend a fascinating and fun afternoon with Brigitte creating unique patinations with acid on Dutch metal, silver and copper leaf to use for wall panels and on furniture etc.. I would highly recommend attending a course at the Art Gilding Academy to those Folk and Decorative Artist wishing to expand their knowledge of both traditional and modern techniques of professional gilding, and its many applications in decorative painting today – Caroline Fletcher- FDAA MemberCaroline FletcherMaster Class
- Dear Brigitte & Karl, Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU for the amazing Gilding Weekend class last week! Your Art Gilding Academy is a fantastic, unique place and I had a really great time! The teachers and course structure are brilliant, the atmosphere so friendly and relaxing, I should certainly recommend you and your course to all of my friends! As you noted on your website, gilding is a highly specialized field and as such holds ‘trade secrets’ that many are not willing to share, so your generosity in giving away your gilding knowledge is very much appreciated. Thank you both so very much Brigitte and Karl, for providing this incredible experience! I can’t wait to start my Master class in August! Many thanks again, Ana Ristevski PS – I hope you’ve had a really great break – and Karl, happy birthday again!Ana RistevskiGolden Weekend
Art Gilding Pty. Ltd.
99-101 Buckingham St.
(Entrance in Cleveland St).
(Entrance in Cleveland St).