Gilding Master Class
Get the Midas Touch – and become a professional gilder
The extensive 9-day class covers all aspects of gilding from basic techniques to advanced knowledge.
With no previous knowledge required, you’ll learn everything you need to know about gilding from our pre-eminent expert, Master Craftsman, Karl Eggert.
Each course is held with a maximum of 4 students.
Learn traditional & modern gilding techniques
- Timber, plaster, paper-mache, glass, shell, wrought
- Special surface preparation
Different substrates need different surface preparations so the end result looks good and the project will last.
- Application of gold and silver leaf, Dutch metal, aluminium, & copper leaf.
You will learn to use all types of leaves. Genuine gold and silver, Dutch metal, aluminium and copper leaf which is heat-treated and has a wonderful sunburst of colours.
Ageing with glazes and acids
- Water gilding (gold burnishing)
Traditional 17th century technique of gilding.
- Leaf & flake application in unique combinations.
Application of various leaves onto flat boards. This technique can be used to gild walls and ceilings.
- Food Gilding
You will learn how to apply gold leaf to food and wine.
Goldfinger Club Membership
Master Class students will receive lifetime membership to the Goldfinger Club
- Free ongoing advice for any future projects – phone and email support.
- Generous discounts of 20% on all materials and supplies*.
- Opportunity to work with the Art Gilding team on architectural projects.
Master class dates for 2016
Master Gilding Classes will be held over a period of nine days, starting on the Saturday and finishing on the Sunday of the following week.
Class starts at 10am and finishes at 4pm each day.
Our beautiful studio in Surry Hills, Sydney
Course cost is $3740.
For more information please call Art Gilding on 02 9310 3007.
We’ve found that good support is the key to success for many of our students so we’re passionate about making sure you get the most out of our courses.